Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pair of Apples Oil Painting

One of the artists at the studio said that she read a quote somewhere about how a famous art teacher told his students to paint an apple a day for a year. His contention was that once you have mastered all that is involved in this simple/complicated fruit, then you were ready to get serious and become a painter of note. Apples are never simple, just look at what happened in the Garden of Eden. This painting is 5 x 7, framed in a wide gold plein air frame  and is priced at 200.00 without shipping charges.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isaw this painting in Robert Genn's clickback at the top of the article called Spring Cleaning. I thought that this was one you wanted to get rid of. Thank goodness I was wrong. I like your work very much.
Your fellow artist, who has been painting for 62 years, I am now age 82.
Irene Chaikin
chaikin79@gmail.com

Laura Dietrick said...

Thanks Irene, glad that you like my work. The stuff that Robert posted wasn't my spring cleaning stuff, lol. I have plenty of that in a box on the floor in my studio at home. Would love to see what your art looks like.