Friday, February 19, 2010

Abstract Landscape a Natural Evolution

I have done a number of landscapes; outdoors, in the studio, small, large, from photos I've taken, and some from my imagination. For me, painting this abstraction seemed to be a natural evolution of a landscape. The process in my head was the same, the color choices and variations were the same and the depth shown here is similar to my realistic landscapes. This painting is quite large (30 x40) and the color shown here is slightly off. The painting is not quite so yellow. There are small details that cannot be seen here in the photograph and I layered many colors on top of one another. I used an impasto medium as well and the paint is very thick. I guess with all the dreary weather we have been having, I was just looking for a piece o' green and it sure is.

No comments: