Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dancing Hands

I have to laugh at myself when I look at this painting. I was busily painting away and working furiously and pretty happy with the results. Then, in the middle of the night, I awoke and realized that the way I had originally painted the hands couldn't physically have been possible. Of course, now they have been corrected, but at the time I was working I didn't have a model and was just painting my hands as they looked to ME... not possible. Several artists at the studio looked carefully as I had been working and none of us caught it initially. How stupid and silly I felt, but I suppose it is reassuring that my brain took over, thought about this while I was asleep and woke me up to tell me how messed up it was.
I like the ambiguity of the third hand from the dancer that you cannot see.
Things look better now. lol.

No comments: