Sunday, November 7, 2010

Where did the last month go?

Writing about what I have been doing is at best only slightly interesting to people that I know that tell me they read this blog. Strangers who visit here probably yawn and then move on to the next blog or website that has something exciting to offer. Now that 10-10-10 is over and the show has been hung, I can catch my breath and tie up some loose ends.
10-10-10 was truly great fun, a real challenge and a bonding experience. I don't think that I have EVER laughed so hard at so much goofy stuff in AGES. All of the participating artists felt that this self imposed "push" was a wonderful exercise in learning just how much you can trust what you know and just paint. This is huge for all of us because we all seem to agonize and theorize and wonder this way and that about many aspects of each painting. When the luxury of time is removed and you just have to work as efficiently and quickly as possible, your brain shifts into overdrive and you simply just do it. A great learning experience.
The opening was fantastic, we had a good crowd (which is especially remarkable considering how dead Portsmouth was on Friday)and the show looks impressive. Already Kas said that about 14 pieces from the show have already sold.
I have shows coming up and will need to take an inventory of what I have and what will be appropriate for each show. I am quite sure that I will agonize over this for many days and wonder how many new pieces I will have to paint.
Onward and upward!

No comments: