Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Apple Line Up and Ready for Fall

With the hurricane came a change in the air. You can feel in on your skin and you can smell it in the air when you are outside. Autumn, my favorite time of year, is just around the corner. My obsession with fruit and apples in particular is heightened during this season. Kids returning to school, leaves changing, humidity dropping...
This painting is pretty large-24x48- and is on a 1 1/2 inch gallery wrapped canvas. I think that it would look cool in a large kitchen or behind a bar. My intent was to focus on how the sunlight splayed itself across the apples, making them look perfectly ready to eat. Unfortunately, I am allergic to fresh apples, so perhaps this would explain why I like painting them. Cooked is okay, but nothing beats the fresh snap of an apple when you first bite into it.

No comments: