Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Smithfield Farmland is ready for planting...

Spring just came so early this year that I think that it has taken everyone by surprise. I can't believe that the azaleas are almost done! There is a field not far from where I live that pass often on my morning walk and although I changed it a bit (as I often do) to suit my needs, it is ready to plant. The color of the field in the painting is actually a little more green, but for the life of me, I don't know how to correct this without altering many of the other colors. Photos of artwork are hard to keep accurate and I try, so if you want to see some of my stuff up close, you can come to Blue Skies Gallery in Hampton. It is right across from the Air and Space Museum. You can visit the Museum, grab a nice lunch at any of the nearby restaurants and then check out the Gallery. A nice thing to do on the weekend. This painting is 24x48 on a gallery wrapped canvas.

No comments: