Monday, September 17, 2012

Water Under the Bridge Oil Painting

A painting for guys. At least this is the feedback I have gotten on this painting. This is from a photo I took while in Hamburg, on a boat and of course, under a bridge. I like the fact that "guys" are not put off by the PINK! I'm not really sure why I painted it other than I often find that I want to explore new things and enjoy the challenge of painting something different from my normal landscapes/people/stuff around me. I loved the abstract quality of the rust and the weird way the water reflected and swirled as we went under the bridge. It was very quiet and a bit surreal and although it happened in mere seconds, the image has stayed with me for a long time.  Indeed it is Water Under the Bridge and life goes on. Oil, 24x36. gallery wrapped. $500.00.

No comments: