Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year's Art Resolutions


A good friend of mine said that she planned to work "smarter not harder" and this is my New Year's Resolution that I am stealing from her.  Often, I find that there are just so many things on my plate that it's hard to focus in on the moment, especially while I am painting. So, my intent is to be more intentional. More focused and less random. There are enough random paintings out there that are one-shot wonders and I want to be consistent with less throwing paint around.  This is particularly hard with abstracts which I have been working on as well. The Norfolk Academy show is approaching and I am painting for that also and will ship my work back to Virginia. The triptych above will be in the show.
So, Happy New Year to everyone and may God's blessings be with you all!

No comments: