Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Filling Up at the Chrysler Museum

On Friday, four of us went to the Chrysler Museum in Norfolk for the day. With all of the icky weather of late and grey days surrounding us, it was time for a little break and to "refill" our heads with wonderful work from other artists. The picture above is of tie dyed banners hanging in the central hall in the museum, which is a lovely contrast between all of the marble and brass and elegance found everywhere at the museum. I took tons of pictures and will probably post some more later. Unfortunately, in my excitement, I did not note who painted what, so now I get to go to the museum's website and get this information before I can share it with you.
We ate lunch in the small cafe, which was quite good and very reasonably priced. Visiting the museum feels like a refreshing shower after a long, hot day.

No comments: